17 June 2011

I'm Wearing Shorts

No, really, I am.  To think that just last Sunday I was in England freezing is completely surreal.  That's something I've definitely noticed about living abroad, when you are in one place, you completely inhabit it.  When I'm in New York, it feels as if England and university doesn't exist.  When I'm in England, it feels as if New York and my old life doesn't exist.  I'm sure this is normal, but it is probably the hardest part of living abroad.  That and having three phones!


Enough of the heavy stuff, I'm thrilled to be home for summer!

Yesterday started off with a disgustingly early and 100% jet-lagged wake up time.  I did, however, manage to get my mom up soon afterwards and we went to get croissants and cappuccinos (or cappuccini as it should be) at our favorite cafe.


My vote for best croissant in New York


Honestly, I would probably die without skype, but nothing can beat talking to someone in person.  Just being with my mom and able to share a breakfast with her was amazing.  I'm so close to parents and it's amazing that I get the summer to spend time with them!  Again, I wouldn't trade living abroad, but sometimes you forget that technology can't make real human connections.


So pretty!

After the lovely breakfast outside, it was time to come home and get down to the real business of the day: unpacking!  I kinda wanted to puke every time I even looked at my suitcase since I was so done with packing in any form after last week.  Luckily, the process went quite quickly and I also got to organize my room.  It's amazing how much more stuff I have here, if I ever had to pack all of it away I think I would go insane.


Yay pretty closet that is not made out of unfinished wood!

I'm quite impressed with the amount of dresses I now have, especially considering the fact that I do not consider myself a dress kind of girl!  When summer comes I live in shorts, t-shirts and sandals.  That being said, I'm definitely trying to make an effort this summer to wear more dresses.  I want to feel comfortable in them and the only way that is going to happen is if I start to make them part of my daily wardrobe.


Emilia's typical summer wear

The rest of the day was spent being lazy.  I got to meet up with a friend who I hadn't seen since New Years, which was absolutely lovely.  Going to school abroad makes it even more difficult to stay in touch with people, that five hour time difference really changes when people are online!  I'm looking forward to seeing all my high school friends now that summer has come around.  

What about you?  What's your favorite thing to do during summer?

Un Bacione,

Emilia

No comments:

Post a Comment