16 June 2011

Back in the USA

This is no more:

Gotta say, I'm quite glad about that!  I've never in my life been so relieved to not wake up and see boxes taking over my room.  Of course, now I'm waking up at six am, but that's a different story!

The day before I left, the day I actually had to pack, was all kinds of crazy beautiful and sunny.  Especially for England.  I felt this was quite unfair as I had to stay inside all day, slaving over a suitcase. Despite that, I did get to sneak out for a few minutes to enjoy the sunshine.


Proof that a least my feet got a little sun last tuesday!

Since I had made the trek all the way down to uni from halls, I decided that I deserved a nice lunch out.  Okay, I actually went down to go to the gym.  After my good workout sesh (a steady half hour on the elliptical, fifteen minutes biking and fifteen minutes on the treadmill), I had worked up quite an appetite and decided to get myself a nice so long veggie burger from my favorite cafe.


Silly me forgot to take photo of the actual burger part, but it is a beet burger with pine nuts.  Super yummy and I enjoyed every last bite.  It's so nice to know that you can get sweet potato fries at a cafe, especially one in England.  I adore sweet potatoes and eat them all the time when at home, so I begin to miss them when at uni!

Of course, it wouldn't be a trip to a cafe without getting some kind of coffee.  My weapon of choice was an Au Lait.  It was probably one of the best ones I've ever had, the ratio of coffee to steamed milk was absolutely perfect; milky, though with just enough of a bitter bite of coffee.


Love you!

Anyway, after over twelve hours of travel, two trains, a taxi, an airplane and a disgustingly long wait at baggage claim, I'm back home!  It's seriously weird being here, especially since I know I'll be here for three months.  Although it will take some getting used to, I'm seriously looking forward to having a fun and productive summer.  I already have plenty of plans and ideas that I'm looking forward to getting started on.

Happy Summer!



Un Bacione,

Emilia

No comments:

Post a Comment