22 June 2011

Decoration Station

I've decided I want to re-decorate my room this summer.  Well, maybe re-decorate is a bit of an overstatement.  This summer, I want to give my room a face lift.  Although I like the major things about it, there are some aspects that just need a change!

Although I would love my room to look like this...



It's not going to anytime soon.  You know, seeing as I live in a tiny New York apartment and I don't have a lovely floor to ceiling window to the right of my bed.  Still, I am determined to bring some sunny light in my room!

This involves painting my grass-green dresser and shelf a lovely cream color...


...and adding some photos to my windowsill...


...in addition to giving my bulletin board a face lift...


...though I like the organization of my shoes...



...my closet works quite well too...


...the top of my dresser needs a once over though...


...I brought home my duvet cover from England...


...finally, I need to find a way to organize my work out clothing!!


So you can see, my room is part of my summer attack plan.  Even though I don't spend much time in there any more, I want it to reflect the tastes of my nineteen year old self, not my sixteen year old self.  Nothing too drastic, just some simple changes that will help make my summer and my trips home even better!

What's your favorite part of your room?  Do you like to re-decorate it often?  When was the last time you re-decorated?


Un Bacione,

Emilia

No comments:

Post a Comment