9 July 2011

Cakey Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love my chocolate chip cookies thick, soft and cake-like.  None of that thin, crispy cookie over here.  I want it to be almost like I'm eating cookie dough.  Now, I'm a big fan of vegan desserts.  Partly because I never seem to have enough eggs around, partly because I enjoy the challenge, but mostly because I like the taste!  You can "underbake" pretty much anything and it comes out good, I'll take that.  Today I was looking around for a good chocolate chip cookie recipe, but didn't find any that seemed to fit the bill.  I decided to strike out on an adventure and make my own using a couple other recipes as guidelines.  The result?  Totally dreamy, cakey and soft chocolate chip cookies, with a dough you can eat.  I'll call that a success!


Cakey Chocolate Chip Cookies
makes about ten large cookies


1 cup flour (I used white, only because I didn't have any wholewheat pastry on hand)
1/2 cup sugar (I suggest dividing it evenly between brown and white)
Pinch salt
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch Baking Soda
2 tbsp Applesauce
3 tbsp Almond Milk
Splash Vanilla
Chocolate Chips!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.

In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients except the chocolate chips, mix.  Then, add the wet ingredients, stirring well in order to make sure the dough is an even consistency.  If it is looking dry, add a splash more almond milk.  Then, stir in the chocolate chips.

Spoon on to the baking sheet using a tablespoon.  I like to make my cookies large, about a heaping tablespoon, though any size works well.

Bake for 12-15 minutes, depending on your oven.  When done, they should be slightly golden at the edges, and not glossy on the top.  I like to take them out when they still look like they have a couple more minutes to cook, yet are decently firm.  Cool for a couple minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack until they reach room temperature.  Enjoy!



What is your favorite way to eat chocolate chip cookies?  Thick and chewy or thin and crispy?  Lots of chocolate or small specks?


Un Bacione,

Emilia

No comments:

Post a Comment