3 July 2011

Kinda-Sorta Totally Awesome Scones

That's pronounced "scaw-ns" people.  Though I'd avoid doing that while in England, too pretentious, everyone will realize you have an american accent, you can get away with saying things differently.  Like yogurt and aluminum.  Though I still haven't worked out if it is silly or not to say football.  I think that one is a lose/lose situation.



Though making these scones is a win/win situation; however you choose to pronounce it!


Almond Butter Scones
makes about 12  mini scones/adapted from here and here


1/2 cup oats
1 cup flour (I used 2/3 cup whole-wheat pastry and the rest white, because I ran out)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp Almond Butter
2/3 cup Almond Milk

Preheat over to 475 F.

Milk together all dry ingredients.  Stir.  Add in almond butter and mix with hands.  Add in milk and mix slowly.  You should get quite a runny mixture.

Spoon the mixture into cupcake liners.  I used about a tablespoon and a half for each liner.  Put in the oven and bake for about 13 minutes, or until a toothpick in the centre comes out clean.

They definitely aren't sweet scones, but they are still fantastic!  I was surprised at how insanely rich they tasted, they definitely have a similar texture to a buttermilk scone.  Now, I wonder if there is any way to make healthy clotted cream with these...

Enjoy!

Un Bacione,

Emilia

No comments:

Post a Comment